Sunday, November 26, 2006

Food Poisoning

The day after Thanksgiving, we met the H's at the club as their guests just to sit and chat and we put Leo into the daycare with their kids. After we bailed out the kids, we all went into old town and had Mexican food and margaritas (none for the ninos). Then onto the toy store where Leo peed on himself. We had no extra clothes, b/c Gary had packed the two diaper bags separately and we had only Isa's stuff. So he wrapped him up as well as he could into A's extra shirt and carried him back to the car.

The men took the bigger kids back to the H's house and A and I took Isa down to the fabric store to buy knitting needles (I'm making K an alpaca hat for Christmas).

We came home and hung out with the H's until about 9:30 and then took our children home. We ate turkey ghoulash ala K and watched TV (a rarity for all of us to sit and watch TV for so long) and had a lovely warm fire.

Saturday was Uncle B's party in the city, so we took our kids down there to see the family. There were the usual cousins and aunts and uncles and a zillion kids. We had a good time. Note to self: look up the Chacon family as being a first family of Colorado.

Leo urped once at the party but it was no big deal and he felt fine. I later attributed it to the sour milk that the bartender gave him (I tasted their milk after Leo had had 8 ounces of it), but he spent all night puking. Bless G for being up ALL NIGHT with him, even though he felt cruddy, too. I puked a few times. I pumped as much extra milk as I could and when Leo started holding down liquids, he drank about 8 ounces. I think it helped.

In the morning, G called the H's and found that they had food poisoning too. Was it the Mexican place? Was it the turkey ghoulash?

We're still recovering here, but for food poisoning, it was fairly mild. I am glad it was so mild and didn't interfere with my milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home