Monday, December 04, 2006

The days go by

With each passing day, Isabel is more aware and interactive. Smiling and laughing and reaching for faces and things. I greatly enjoy our nursing relationship and love watching her change and grow in such an intimate and personal setting. I can see so much emotional and personal detail while we quietly snuggle and focus on each other. I try to carry her as much as possible throughout the day, but sometimes she just fusses and cries so much that I put her into her swing out of exasperation. Much to my surprise she is learning to enjoy the swing for naps. Which means I can get some housework done and spent one-on-one time with Leo.

Leo is growing too. His vocabulary and understanding of the world changes throughout each day. Gary bought him some preschool workbooks yesterday and we're starting to explore critical thinking skills so necessary for such learning. He's learning his alphabet and already knows about half of the letters and is also learning to count. He can now count to three, and with some help can count to four and five. He's looking forward to going to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Christmas, having been told they'll have a Christmas tree. I'm not sure what to tell him about presents, I'd rather that the emphasis be placed on the tree and the visit to the G's; the traditions and the family continuity being more valuable than gifts and toys.

I returned to work this morning. There are about 56 hours left in my project budget for me, then I will be completely done with it and will just be an at-home mom. I'm just doing two hours per day until the hours are gone. That way Gary can go to work after me and our income isn't compromised.

Gotta run, Gary is home for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home